Sunday 20 January 2013

Fim de ano, começo de ano

After spending Xmas in Lisbon I saw myself on my own for NYE in London. Therefore I made plans to spend NYE with friends in London, and we decided to purchase tickets for a Thames boat party.
Who better than my best friend Jinny and her man to make me company?
We boarded the Golden Star around 8pm on the 31st. The ticket was one of the cheapest ones we could find, around 90 pounds, but it was quite good!
First of all the weather was fantastic for that time of the year. Temperature around 10 degrees, which meant we could comfortably be outside without freezing, there was food and drinks at pub prices.
I danced a lot and the cruise went all the way to Hammersmith bridge and then back al the way to the Thames Barrier, and then back to the Big Ben, where several boats had docked. We had prime spots on the boat to see the fireworks, and I thought they were fantastic! Too bad we could not hear the music synching with the fireworks as people on our boat were quite loud, but I very much enjoyed it.
As usual TFL and London Council were extremely efficient in organizing the journey back home, and I am not being sarcastic. There were police officers everywhere, the queue to get into the tube stations was organized, trains were running efficiently, everything went very smoothly. It is indeed an example to the rest of the world, of how to organize a big event.

GrazJinnyNYE

Jinny and I celebrating NYE in London
DSC06374

Waiting for the fireworks

DSC06401

There it is!

No dia 9 de janeiro eu embarquei pro Brasil, onde estou passando 3 semanas.

Como sempre estou adorando passar tempo aqui em Floripa com a família, amigos, pegando sol e praia, comendo bem, saindo de shorts e camiseta, tudo de bom! E quanto que em Londres tá a maior nevasca e frio eu to aqui bem feliz da vida!
Nada melhor que férias num país tropical! To tentando fechar o olho pras incompetências e ineficiências do Brasil e aproveitando tudo o que o país tem a oferecer de melhor!

No comments: